MORE COMMENTS OF A FRUSTRATED ZIONIST
By Bernard J. Shapiro
Freeman Center For Strategic Studies
February 21, 2011
How Israel Should Respond to Recognition of PA
The Israeli policy of expressing regret as country after country recognizes the terrorist PA as a legitimate country is foolish. [See article below:] Such a country, ripped from the heart of Israel is both an economic absurdity, but a serious and existential threat to Israel's survival.
WHAT IS A PROPER RESPONSE FOR A SELF RESPECTING NATION:
1. Withdraw Israeli ambassador and expel that countries ambassador
2. Immediately renounce OSLO, re-occupy YESHA and launch a new military offensive to root out terrorists
3. And finally annex YESHA and make the whole recognition problem mute.
HOW ISRAEL SHOULD RESPOND TO IRANIAN WARSHIPS OFF THE COAST
1. Very simple, sink them preemptively
2. No warnings, no threats, no words like "unfortunate, provocative"
3. Just sink them and let their ambassador to Israel complain to the FM and PM. Oh I forgot, they don't recognize Israel, so who cares.
4. If the UN takes up the issue then withdraw from the UN and expel all UN personel from Israeli territory.Who needs that anti-Semitic organization
5. If the US, EU, or Arab/Muslim Nations complain then respond by sending them a short not. It should say: This is the NEW ISRAEL. Wild and Crazy so you had better not MESS WITH US. It is a great slogan for Texas ("Don't Mess With Texas"), why not Israel.
Watch our deterence level shoot up. In a rough neighborhood like the Middle East, it is always better to be feared than loved.
SHAPIRO COMMENTS ON ETTINGER -Israel – America's Unique Ally
by Bernard J. Shapiro
Greeman Center For Strategic Studies
February 20, 2011
As always Yoram Ettinger writes a clear and well researched article. No one can improve on what he does. My complaint is more political and strategic. Most of us know about how important Israel is to America. That will never change the 100 years of hostility to Jews and Israel by the US State Department, CIA, NSA, Justice Department and especially the current White House.
1. Given all the facts enumerated below, why doesn't Ettinger NOT DEMAND that America treat Israel as a strategic ally and NOT "banana repuplic."
2. And more important, why have Israeli and Jewish leaders groveled before the US like the weak ghetto Jews of the past.
Back in pre WWll days Ze'ev Jabotinsky understood the strategic needs of the Jewish People both in Europe but also in Israel. His ideas harkened back to the great Israelite warriors who conquered Eretz Yisrael (Israel) during biblical times. Leaders like Joshua, David, The Maccabees, Shinshon, and Bar Kochba.He was silenced by the organized Jewish leadership. After his death in 1940 was maliciously barred from burial in Israel until Menachem Begin was elected in the late 1970's.
During, days still fresh enough for me to remember, new warriors emerged to fight for Israel. Though they had many flaws (we all do), people like David Ben Gurion, Menachem Begin, Avraham Stern, Ariel Sharon and Moshe Dayan and Yoni Netanayhu led the country to many victories on the battlefield. Others like Moshe Arens, Rabbi Meir Kahane z”l and Herb Zweibon z”l (AFSI) and Moton Klien (ZOA), Emanuel A. Winston fought their battles for Israel on the political front. Caroline Glick, Prof. Paul Eidelberg, Steven Plaut, Helen Freedman (AFSI), Nadia and Ruth Matar (Women in Green) have fought both on the ground and politically.