FREEMAN CENTER MESSAGE TO ISRAELI VOTERS
by Bernard J. Shapiro
The Freeman Center is made up of many Israeli and non-Israeli supporters of Israel. In this time of war and crisis we urge unity among all supporters of Israel.
However, there are some important things that must be remembered by Israeli voters.
1. Please don't be fooled into thinking that the current government of Livni, Olmert and Barak represent a true Zionist government.
2. While the current military operation in Gaza is necessary, it SHOULD have be done much earlier. Hamas has had over two years to build up its strength and prepare for battle. Following Hezbollah tactics and with Iranian support, it has stockpiled missiles (anti-tank, anti-air and ground to ground) and built underground bunkers and communication tunnels. They have prepared booby traps and hidden bombs to kill Israel soldiers if they should invade.
3. In fact, do you remember that when this government committed population transfer of Jews from Gaza, they promised immediate retaliation should there be hostile action from the terrorists. THERE WAS NO SERIOUS REACTION AS THE ISRAELIS ON THE BORDER OF GAZA SUFFERED AND BLED.
4. Please do not forget that this government plans to give away for pieces of paper and photo ops the heart of Eretz Yisrael.
5. Please do not forget that by giving away this land they will render Israel indefensible. They will destroy its water supply and make every part of Israel vulnerable to rockets.
6. Please don't be fooled into thinking that by some magic they have become Zionists. They can talk tough, they can talk like Zionists, they can act tough when it suits them politically. But they are NOT tough. They delight in persecuting religious Jews and settlers. It took over 2 years to fight the Arabs of Gaza but they jump at the chance to abuse and imprison teen age Jewish girls and Jews defending themselves against Arab attack.
7. When the war in Gaza is over, there will be Israeli elections. The Freeman Center will not tell you who to vote for. But we will tell you that there are some parties that are not Zionists and a vote for them could lead to serious damage to Israelis ability to survive into the future.
8. The Israeli Parties NOT to vote for are:
***Kadima - a pro-Palestinian State party that has destroyed Israel long term deterrence level in the World. It has had a pro-piece of paper policy in exchange for Israeli territory. Avoid a vote for them like the plague.
***Labor - Even worse than Kadima in its pro-Palestine stance. It is headed by a megalomaniac named Ehud Barak. It is also very Socialist and will prevent the continued growth of the Israeli economy.
***Meretz - this is the party of Peace Now that has lead the attacks worldwide on Zionism and the right of Israel to security.
***Arab Parties - Treasonous pro-terrorist parties who delight celebrate when Jewish blood is spilled.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Israelis should vote for parties that believe in Justice of the Jewish State in the Land of Israel. They should vote for parties that will enforce the laws justly and not use the law to persecute the Jewish people in favor of the Arabs. They should vote for parties that will keep Israel a Jewish State and not some bi-national entity. They should vote for parties that encourage the emigration of Arabs and the immigration of Jews. This can be done through economics and the equal enforcement of the law.
Israelis should vote only for parties that will renounce Oslo and its evil successors. They should vote for parties that will totally cease negotiations on a Palestine state or withdrawal from any part of Eretz Yisrael. They should vote for parties that will stop releasing terrorists.
There are more things to be said, but that is enough. Most important, you should go to the polls and vote. Only your vote can change the Israeli government.
IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!
Bernard J. Shapiro is Chairman of the Freeman Center For Strategic Studies www.freeman.org and Editor of the Maccabean Online.