Published by The Freeman Center
The Maccabean Online
Political Analysis and Commentary
The Way To Destruction, And The Way To Peace
Jan Willem van der Hoeven, Director
International Christian Zionist Center
August 8, 2006
Some time ago I warned in the following way about the terrible consequences of the nations’ futile peace plan for Israel:
The US–backed and European–pushed “Road Map” may result for Israel in:
1. The surrender of most of the Golan Heights, Gaza, Samaria and Judea.
2. Civil war among the Israelis.
3. No true peace but the reaching of another stage towards the further dismantling of the State of Israel.
4. No secure borders.
5. Gaza, Judea and Samaria turned into terrorist bases like southern Lebanon, with all the resulting unnecessary bloodshed.
6. Not enough of the Land of Israel left for all those Jews who have not yet immigrated to return to.
7. A total unwillingness for all Arab Muslim nations to make peace with Israel unless Jerusalem becomes the Muslim Palestinian capital!
There is however another way, a road that would lead to a true peace in this region. This is what I wrote before:
"Elisha had become sick with the illness of which he would die. Then Joash the king of Israel came down to him, and wept over his face, and said, "O my father, my father, the chariots of Israel and their horsemen!" And Elisha said to him, "Take a bow and some arrows." So he took himself a bow and some arrows. Then he said to the king of Israel, "Put your hand on the bow." So he put his hand on it, and Elisha put his hands on the king\'s hands. And he said, "Open the east window"; and he opened it. Then Elisha said, "Shoot"; and he shot. And he said, "The arrow of the Lord\'s deliverance and the arrow of deliverance from Syria; for you must strike the Syrians at Aphek till you have destroyed them." Then he said, "Take the arrows"; so he took them. And he said to the king of Israel, "Strike the ground"; so he struck three times, and stopped. And the man of God was angry with him, and said, "You should have struck five or six times; then you would have struck Syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike Syria only three times." (2 Kings 13: 14-19)"
Peace in history – also in biblical history – has often come only after complete victory.
Both the Bible and modern-day secular history are full of examples showing that, when Israel made covenants with, or gave concessions to, her enemies, the result was not peace but continued resistance to and harassment of the people of Israel.
Therefore this is what I hold we, as believers, should pray for Israel at this time: Complete victory so that there can be true peace.
The passage quoted above from Second Kings is very significant in this respect. We must pray for full victory now for the Israel Defense Forces, even if that is to include a confrontation with Damascus or the neutralization of the nuclear capability of Iran’s evil regime – whatever it takes.
As these Bible verses clearly show, peace will come to this region, not through endless discussions and negotiations with unwilling enemies, but through victory.
The notion, repeatedly verbalized by Israeli politicians and commentators across the political spectrum, that a solution with the Palestinians can only be found through the process of negotiations, is entirely false.
Precisely the opposite is true, and former Prime Minister Ehud Barak’s failure to reach a political solution in spite of the unbelievably far-reaching concessions he was ready to make, is just one of the proofs of this.
No political solution can be achieved through the negotiating process UNLESS an Israeli government were to arise which, for the sake of peace in the region, was prepared to change the nature of the country so that it would no longer be a sovereign Jewish state.
As the late Yitzhak Rabin said:
“Palestine will rise upon the ruins of the state of Israel” (Ma’ariv, 10 February, 1989).
The history of our world fields numerous examples demonstrating that conflicts initiated by aggressive regimes can usually be resolved through military might and resistance alone. To list just a few:
1. Hitler’s aggression was defeated militarily by the Allied Forces.
2. Japan’s aggression and expansionist designs were defeated by the US-led forces.
3. Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait was reversed by the military action of the coalition forces.
4. Britain’s armed forces undid Argentina’s invasion of the Falkland Islands.
5. The coup d’etat in Haiti and Granada was ensured by US-led forces.
6. Noriega’s dictatorship was terminated by the US-led invasion of Panama.
7. Soviet aggression against Berlin was undone by a massive US military airlift.
8. South Korea was preserved as a free democratic nation, not by negotiations, but by America’s firm military resolve.
9. Europe was not freed from Islamic invasion and rule by Charles Martel negotiating with the Muslim forces; he was victorious over them in the battles of Tours and Poitiers in France, with the result that Europe became free to pursue its own chosen destiny.
10. While Western Europe was liberated by the military victory of the Allied Forces over the Nazi’s, Eastern Europe became enslaved by the Soviet Union for many decades as a result of the ‘negotiations’ held in Yalta by Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin.
Where nations were deceived into giving up the fruits of military prowess and opting for negotiated settlements it has nearly always been the aggressor which has won.
Vietnam is a most obvious example:
Through the Kissinger-led negotiations with Hanoi, all America’s military investment into keeping at least South Vietnam a free country was lost; the north overran the south as a direct result of the negotiated settlement.
Negotiations in and around Yugoslavia did not bring the desired result of peace to that fractured land.
Today, Macedonia is another clear example of the frequent futility of politically negotiated settlements.
Neither the numerous treaties and negotiations nor the years-long presence of UN peacekeeping troops led Lebanon into freedom and independence, as that nation for years remained largely ruled by its Syrian neighbor, which militarily occupied Lebanese soil.
Egypt and Jordan, which both received huge pieces of land and other benefits from Israel through the negotiating process, and as a result of these negotiations signed peace treaties with Israel, have already withdrawn their ambassadors from the Jewish state and are under increasing pressure to join the rest of the Arab world in the next war against Israel.
Do I need to name more examples? There are Kashmir, Northern Ireland and many others which, despite untold days of negotiations by the parties involved, have as yet to reach peaceful solutions to their problems, and the bloodshed continues to this day.
No, Mr. Yossi Sarid, you are wrong when you (and many others) say: “Every dispute around the world in history was solved through negotiations.”
History is proof that the opposite is true!
The process of negotiations seldom solved conflicts satisfactorily.
You have to win a war in order to win a peace.
That is the nearly unanimous lesson of history!
I am afraid that only after Israel has suffered even more violence and many more casualties will the country’s leaders finally be willing to even consider what I believe to be the only way out of this present, horrible predicament.
“There is no doubt that what’s called for is a new leadership, a more correct perception of the realities, a sound recognition of the enemy’s aims, and clear, definitive strategic-political planning. There must be no fumbling in the dark and no mere tactical expedients, for these will get us no-where. If we don\'t have a well-defined, realistic objective, we won\'t have to fight the Arabs for our survival. The Arabs won\'t need to fight. The Jews, as usual, will destroy themselves.” (Colonel Jonathan Netanyahu: Self-portrait of a hero, page 227).
To solve Israel’s present intolerable and perilous situation, the IDF must re-enter all areas “A” currently under Palestinian Authority control and reestablish Israeli law and order there by:
1. Rounding up and imprisoning all known terrorists.
2. Confiscating all illegal weapons in Palestinian possession.
3. Closing all institutions, television and radio stations, mosques or other places that actively promote violence and jihad against the Jewish people, until they relent.
4. Rewarding and protecting all faithful, loyal and peace-loving Palestinians who want to live in peace with Israel and sincerely foreswear violence.
5. Providing these peace-seeking Palestinians with as much independence as possible, enabling them to manage their local affairs; giving them the choice of full Israeli citizenship with full rights and full obligations (including military service!).
If, whether out of fear of drawing the Arab states into war or of further antagonizing an increasingly hostile world, Israel will not take these essential steps to restore calm, and because no political solution is presently possible with those who only use Israel’s surrenders for peace to destroy the sovereign Jewish state in their Islamic midst, the following may happen:
1. A total security collapse in Israel, both within and without the green line, with appalling terrorist attacks on shopping malls and other places inflicting mounting numbers of casualties.
2. A sustained and increasing drop in tourism to Israel in the months ahead, leading to a serious downward swing of the country’s entire economy.
3. Israel’s refusal to enter into Areas A quickly and forcibly will enable the Arabs to turn the table in their favor through continued terrorism and Israeli counteraction leading to the introduction into the “territories” of an international observer force that, for the foreseeable future, will tie the hands of any Israeli government wishing to make unilateral decisions as to what is best for its people.
4. Not filling in the void of the ‘West Bank’ leaves open the option, or maintains the incentive, for the world’s billion-plus Muslims to continue pushing for an Islamic Palestinian state to be established in these areas. This state will undoubtedly become the springboard Iran, Iraq, Libya, Hamas, the Hizbullah and all other fanatical Islamic forces are looking for to fulfill the dream of millions upon millions of Muslims and undo the sovereign State of Israel, re-establishing a pan-Arabic Muslim world in the Middle East free of this Jewish “cancer”.
5. Millions of Jews and Christians worldwide believe that the G-d of Israel gave this tiny land in its entirety to His own people as an everlasting possession. Denying the relevance of this age-old promise brings into question the whole historical basis of any connection between the Jews and this land, jeopardizing the Jews’ claim to any of it. For if Judea and Samaria should not belong to the Jewish people, by what right can they claim Beersheba, Tel Aviv or Haifa?
Short-sighted politicians counter that retaking control of these areas would create a demographic nightmare for Israel; that the Arab population of such an all-encompassing State of Israel would soon outnumber its Jews. But quite the opposite is true.
The moment Israel reestablishes full sovereignty over all of the Land of Israel, over a million of the Muslim Arabs now living in Judea and Samaria would not refuse to stay on as fully-fledged citizens of this Jewish State and would leave of their own accord. Conversely, numerous Jews still in the Diaspora would buy houses in Judea and Samaria, settling there and thus creating a far different demographic situation.
Israel’s failure to take these drastic measures, however, may well place what is now left of the tiny Jewish state and its people in insuperable danger: security wise, economically and even demographically.
So even today there will be no peace over all the negative, jihad-inspired forces of terror and hatred against little Israel except through a full IDF military victory in the current battle with these evil-minded forces, from Hamas to Hizbullah, pawns and instruments of Syria and Iran.
May G-d Raise Up Courageous Men in Israel To Make The Right Decisions!
Jan Willem van der Hoeven, Director
International Christian Zionist Center
INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN ZIONIST CENTER
P.O. Box 49063
91490 Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Telephone: +972 (0)2 997 8808
Fax: +972 (0)2 997 1659
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Web-site: www.israelmybeloved.com
Cheques can be made payable to ICZC, P.O. Box 49063, 91490 Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Europe Registered Organization: Israel Economic & Trade Center B.V.; Chamber of Commerce nr. 35257, Amersfoort, Netherlands